BEACHIN' BETTY IS DESTINED FOR VANLIFE
Betty is look for a new owner. She’s in search for a single person or a couple who can help finish her up and show her the states.
In this picture you will notice some large holes near the ceiling. I was planning on putting one more strip of tongue and groove down the left side that will cover some of these.
You will also notice some in this picture. I was thinking of adding a shelft across the back which would cover it.
Also planned to put a piece of tongue and groove on this side to cover that hole near the top.
A little about Beachin' Betty
Betty is a 2002 VW Eurovan. Owned by her current owner for 3 years. She has 144k miles, and comes with a clean Carfax report.
The Love She's Had...
- Interior gutted, and every little sticky spot sanded down and cleaned (not a fun job)
- New coat of white paint and some minor pin holes from the original siding concealed.
- New carpet in driver/passenger area
- Foam insulation in walls and birch ply would walls put up.
- Pine tongue and groove ceiling
- Ceiling lights changed to LED flush mount lights (3)
- 2 reading LED reading lights
- Floor has layer on insulation, followed by 1/2″ plywood subfloor, and topped with a vinyl plank floor.
- 3 curtain panels sewed up with 2 boat cleat and 2 monkey fist tie backs.
- One seat partly reupholstered.
- Comes with a large vinyl floor mat for the trunk
- USB plug with battery level indicator
The Love She Needs...
- Clock spring – clock spring inside the steering well is no good and is causing lights on the dash to go on including ABS and airbag since it cannot properly communicate with the computer.
- Front driver and passenger door panels with handles & locks (I’ve been driving it for 3 years with out them and made my own door handles, but the doors either need new panels or someone who is handy and creative who can make door panels.
- New radio system (I just used my phone and a bluetooth speaker)
- Some more trim work.. you have no idea how many holes there are in a vehicle until you gut it. Ive concealed many of them with a bondo. But there are some big holes you will notice in the pictures that need some creative covering. Also there are some holes in the wood panel siding where the seat belts were.
- New hood release cable
- New windshield wiper tubes
Betty's biggest cosmetic flaws
Everyone has flaws… No one’s perfect.. Betty comes close but here are some of her flaws with photos.
- Pic 1: She has about a 5″ dent in her rear. Been meaning to bondo and paint it.
- Pic 2: Her driver and passenger door are not done.
- Pic 3: Her heater needs to be boxed in
- She only has one key and the key ring part broke off.
These are the passenger and driver door steps. This is the worst of the rust. The driver side as can be seen in the photo has a hole along the edge.